New Hours, New Management, New Classrooms, New Curriculum, New Programs, New, New, New!
Come get to know the New Us!
What makes us so special, so new?
· Open earlier and later than any other child care center in Sulphur. Tired of being stuck in traffic, worrying if you’ll get across the bridge – or across town – in time to pick up your child? Don’t worry anymore! We are now open at 5:30 am until 7:00 pm. So, go ahead, take that last phone call, finish up your work, and stop and pick up the milk because we are here until 7:00 pm!
· The most flexible programs offered with the most flexible payment plans and discounts offered. Only need M, W, F? Or what about only T, Th? We can do that! Have more than one child you need to enroll? We have multi-child discounts! Want to get the best price in town? Pay monthly and get our cheapest price! On Child Care Assistance, or have a Foster Child? We take those payments too!
· Webcameras in every room for you to view throughout the day. You will be able to view your child in the best quality live streaming video on the internet today! Keep in touch with your child via technology that truly displays our curriculum, activity, exciting events, fun and games, and most of all, the education your child receives while at school. It will truly enable you to observe the intellectual development of your child during these vital years right before your eyes!
· The largest classrooms and playgrounds of any other child care center in town. We were built to be child care centers, the facilities are not a retrofit of a retail space, a converted house or an exaggerated afterthought that is more flash than function. All of our classrooms are spacious and completely separated from the other classrooms. Our playgrounds are separated by age group and are the largest in the area giving your child plenty room to run and play.
· We are now picking up from 6 schools in Sulphur! Your kids will have a blast at our After School program, currently picking up from R.W. Vincent, W.T. Henning, Frasch, Cypress Cove, E.K. Key, and Jake Drost (transportation for 4 years old and up)
· And our perks? How about Parents Night Out each month? That’s right, open late once a month so you can take the night off, go on a date, have girls’ (or boys’!) night out, stay in and watch Netflix, clean the house, get your nails done… just be you! All while your children are safe with us.
· And coming soon, more perks! Spanish class, Art class, Music class, Yoga class, and more. We will bring the class to your kids without you having to bring your kids to class!
· We have created a new Management Team! That’s right, maybe you were waiting for things to change or people to change, well, that time is now. New Executive Director, New Director, New Human Resource Manager, New Enrollment Specialist. Nicole Jennings, Dayvette Jourdan, Debbie Derouen, and Amillia Kauffman make up our super special Management Team that is trained to make YOU number 1!
· If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. No other preschool or childcare center in Sulphur offers this guarantee. But because we are confident of our quality, our 117 plus years of combined experience, and because we built our reputation on only happy families - if you're not completely satisfied after your first two weeks, we'll refund the tuition you paid.
· Hot, Homemade, Healthy Meals - our child will are served a delicious, hot, nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snack along with smaller snacks served throughout the day. We participate in the Child and Adult Care Food program, ensuring that all our meals meet USDA approval for what is served and how much is served. Our children never go hungry!
· Even though we use Frog Street Curriculum to ensure social, emotional, and academic growth, that is just a base for the really important stuff on top, which is personalized curriculum for each child enrolled based off of each child's current level of development. Your child will get their very own learning plan to ensure that they are 100% ready for Kindergarten, in fact, we even offer a Kindergarten Readiness Guarantee!
The purpose of AKI is to help children acquire a strong foundation in the knowledge and skills needed for school success.
The vision of AKI is to become the most loved, and most enrolled child care centers in Calcasieu Parish.
AKI’s values begin and end with showing the children love, acceptance, and importance.
The mission of AKI is to support children’s need for love, acceptance, and importance by providing quality child care in a loving, fun, and safe environment that promotes social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development.