EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO — CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON IDEED
Looking for a strong communicator, organizer, and implementor with exceptional customer and staff relationship skills.
Appletree Kids, Inc. (AKI) is a fast paced child care center, currently at two locations, seeking a high-level, rock star Executive Assistant to support our CEO, Jennifer Conner. Jennifer is responsible for leading the team, making sure we reach our goals, and the long-range future of the brand, business and culture of our organization.
In addition to being a busy executive at AKI, Jennifer is also a Business Development Coach for other child care owners across the nation. She works remotely from her home and is passionate about leading our company with excellence while also being a present mom, wife, and Business Development Coach.
For this role, we are looking for someone who can stay five steps ahead of Jennifer at all times by anticipating her needs at an exceptionally high level. Our ideal candidate will also be a customer service ninja, have experience supporting executives, and being a liaison to the team and a proxy in Jennifer’s absence. If this sounds like you or someone you know, read on.
This is a full-time position that allows you to work half from home and work half from our child care centers. Jennifer’s EA will need to reside around the Sulphur, LA area since errands, in-person meetings, and general oversight at the child care centers is required. Hours are typically 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a coaching event which happens a few times a year.
· 17 Paid Holidays per Year, including the week of Thanksgiving, the week of Christmas, and the week of New Years
· Discounts on child care services
· Flexible Scheduling
· Travel Perks
· Pay scale depending on qualifications and work experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
While repetitive tasks can certainly be part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on Jennifer’s needs and the needs of the business. The Executive Assistant should be someone who is flexible and willing to handle a variety of projects and tasks. The following tasks are a sampling of what is typically required on a regular basis:
· Email Management
· Calendar Management
· Customer Relations Management
· Social Media Management
· Varying personal and professional administrative tasks
· Meeting planning and preparation
· Running errands 2-4 times a week
· Ensuring company expectations are being met
· Championing our culture and our core values
· Anticipating needs for a busy leader, both personally and professionally
· Communicating on Jennifer’s behalf both internally and externally
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Software & Technology
· We require someone who is technologically savvy and a quick learner. Experience using Google Calendar, Gail, Google Docs, and Google Drive is also required. A plus would be someone who has experience with using Zoom, Slack, and any Customer Relations Management software.
Skills & Abilities
· Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages, and/or emails.
· Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
· Team Work: The CEO’s EA will work closely with the Executive Director and other Leaders in the child care centers and will need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with them.
· Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our CEO to serve our company and the clients she coaches at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution.
· Flexibility: With the nature of Jennifer’s role as a leader, things can change very quickly for her on a regular basis. Her EA needs to be someone who is very flexible, adaptable, responsive, and not easily flustered by a change of plans.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
· This position will require local travel around the Sulphur/Lake Charles area during the regular work week for various business and personal errands. Reliable transportation is necessary. A per mile per diem will be paid, so a travel log must be kept of all mileage driven.
· This position may require domestic air travel around the United States a few times a year during Jennifer’s live coaching events. A passport and/or Real ID is necessary for air travel. All travel expenses and a food allowance will be paid, so a T&E log must be kept of all travel expenses.
· This position may require international air travel to Mexico a few times a year to Jennifer’s home office. A passport is necessary for international air travel. All travel expenses and a food allowance will be paid, so a T&E log must be kept of all travel expenses.
· This position relays heavily on communication and being a liaison/proxy between Jennifer and the child care centers. Proper equipment for communication is required. A working cellular phone is necessary at all times. A computer is necessary to work from home. While working at the child care centers, a computer will be provided if you are not using a laptop computer that you can bring with you. Cell phone and personal computer usage is included in the salary for this position.
· During work from home hours, there is no required dress code, although you will be visible through Zoom video calls and should be clothed appropriately for people to view you.
· During work from the child care center hours, an AKI t-shirt will be provided to you. This is to be worn with jeans or khakis.
· During attendance at live coaching events, the dress code is business casual. Your appearance should be professional.
Must be able to live our Core Values
#1 Glorify God
#2 Love Kids, Parents, & Staff
#3 Have Fun
#4 Use Integrity
#5 MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of everyone around you