ADVENTURE CAMP DIRECTOR POSITION AVAILABLE - VERY RARE AND WON'T BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG!
Adventure Camp is absolutely the BEST after school and summer program in the area and we are looking for the BEST candidate to lead our school age children and staff.
Our Adventure Camp program is for school age children, Kindergarten through 5th Grade. We usually have about 50 kids enrolled in our program. We pick up from W.T. Henning and R.W. Vincent Elementary. We have snacks, do homework, play hard, and unwind after school.
Candidates MUST be enthusiastic, fun, outgoing, energetic, able to hang outside without withering, able to keep up with the kids without running out of steam, and able to create an environment that the kids will WANT to come to each day.. not because they have to come to "daycare", but because they want to go to "camp"... and that is ALL of our Camp Team Members, not just the Director!
Multi-tasking, Problem Solving, Communication Skills, Technology Friendly, and the ability to "Take Charge" is a must in this small center since it operates independently from Appletree Kids.
As a Director, you will have the chance to inspire passion, connect with children and parents, embrace challenges, create opportunities, use your intelligence, share your compassion, and create solutions that will balance your business focus with a sense of fulfillment.
Adventure Camp is open Monday through Friday, 2pm to 6pm every school day. When the kids are out of school, Adventure Camp is open 6am to 6pm (the center is closed for major holidays).
Must be able to live out our Core Values:
Love Kids, Families, & Staff
Make A Difference
Adventure Camp Director Qualifications:
Must have at least ONE YEAR of Early Childhood Experience
Must be over 21 years of age
Must meet Louisiana Early Learning Center Licensing Regulations for Center Director (scroll to the bottom to read the regulations)
Must be available to work 2pm-6pm on school days and 6am-6pm on no school days (including the availability between 6am-6pm during summer months)
Must be available outside of above work hours for administrative tasks
THIS IS A PART TIME DIRECTOR POSITION DURING SCHOOL MONTHS AND FULL TIME DIRECTOR POSITION DURING SUMMER MONTHS!
Must be willing to commit to this position for a minimum of one year
Must be able to manage, train, and motivate staff, organize child care activities for the center, communicate with families on a daily basis, work with computers and other technology, comply with licensing, health department, and fire marshal regulations, project a professional image, and carry out AKI Core Values through daily choices
We work hard and we believe in playing hard!
We offer competitive pay
We have more PTO than any other child care facility - 80 hours your first year
We have Retention Rewards and Occupancy Rewards for keeping your center full
We have child care discounts for employee children
JOIN OUR TEAM AND HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF THE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES WE SERVE
Email your Resume to: Jennifer@AppletreeKidsInc.Com
Be sure to include which Louisiana Early Learning Center Licensing Regulations - Director Qualifications - that you qualify under. (see below)
§1709. Director Qualifications
A. The director/director designee shall be at least 21 years of age.
B. The director/director designee shall have documentation of at least one of the following upon date of hire as director or director designee:
1. a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least 12 credit hours of child development or early childhood education or elementary education or a related field, and one year of experience in a licensed early learning center or comparable setting, subject to approval by the Licensing Division;
2. an associate of arts degree in child development or a closely related area, and one year of experience in a licensed early learning center, or comparable setting, subject to approval by the Licensing Division;
3. a national administrator credential and one year experience in a licensed early learning center, or comparable setting, plus 6 credit hours in child care, child development or early childhood or 90 clock hours of training in child care, child development or early childhood, subject to approval by the Licensing Division;
4. a child development associate credential (CDA) and one year of experience in a licensed early learning center, or comparable setting, subject to approval by the Licensing Division;
5. a diploma from a post-secondary technical early childhood education training program approved by the Board of Regents or correspondence course approved by the Licensing Division and one year of experience in a licensed early learning center, or comparable setting, subject to approval by the Licensing Division; or
6. three years of experience as a director or staff in a licensed early learning center, or comparable setting, subject to approval by the Licensing Division; plus 6 credit hours in child care, child development or early childhood education, or 90 clock hours of training approved by the Licensing Division. Up to 3 credit hours or 45 clock hours may be in management/administration education.